Schedule An Appointment With Foot Surgery Specialists Of Texas Today
Prepare For Your Foot Doctor Appointment
Patient Foot Doctor Appointment Checklist
Is this the first time you have visited a podiatrist at our Foot and Ankle Clinic? Well, don’t worry. This handy guide will prepare you for your foot doctor appointment and help make the most of your time with our foot and ankle expert.
Before Your Foot Doctor Appointment
- Make a list of your symptoms and questions.
- Make a list of all medications and any previous surgeries.
- Gather and bring important medical records and laboratory test reports from other doctors or hospitals (including X-rays, MRIs, and lab results).
- Check with your insurance provider to see if a referral is needed.
- Call before your visit to tell the office if you have special needs.
- Bring a friend or family member if you think it will be helpful.
- If your problem involves walking and/or exercise, bring your walking/exercise shoes with you to the appointment.
During Your Foot Doctor Appointment
- Go over your list of questions.
- If you do not understand an answer, be sure to ask for further explanation.
- Take notes and listen carefully.
- Discuss your symptoms and any recent changes you may have noticed.
- Talk about all new medications.
- Ask why it has been prescribed, and how to take it.
- Describe any allergies.
- Tell your podiatrist if you are pregnant or if you are trying to get pregnant.
- Let your podiatrist know if you are being treated by other doctors.
After Your Foot Doctor Appointment
- Prepare for any tests your podiatrist orders.
- Ask about what you need to do to get ready, possible side effects, and when you can expect results.
- Ask when and how the test results will be made available to you.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment (if necessary) before you leave your podiatrist’s office.
- Call your podiatrist’s office and ask for your test results if you do not hear from the office when you are supposed to.